- Manchester United are not the finished article and will struggle at times this season. United have struggled to keep their defence fit so far this season. Phil Jones has stepped in well but he is still only 19 yrs old and can’t be expected to marshal the defence at his age. The Red Devils are currently conceding a large amount of shots per game and the number of chances they are allowing their opponents to create will worry Sir Alex. The side is missing Vidic and a specialised holding midfielder. I wouldn’t classify Fletcher as a holding midfielder; I would reckon he is more of a box to box player.
- Write- off Frank Lampard at your peril. After scoring a hat-trick against Bolton, Lampard showed he still has much to offer Chelsea despite calls from many quarters who have all but called time on his Chelsea career. He may be 33 yrs old but he is the kind of player you want in your team if you are chasing the title. His age and experience are nothing but a benefit for the club.
- Carlos Tevez will never play for Manchester City again. No real need go into why. I only mention it for any person out there that has him in their fantasy side (you should never have picked him anyway) get him out now!
- Steve Kean will surely be the first manager sacked this season. In my opinion Blackburn’s new owners have only themselves to blame for the club’s current position. The Indian Poultry owners went about sacking Sam Allardyce while the club were in the safe position of 13th last season. Ever since Kean’s appointment, the club has struggled and played some pretty poor football. The club’s fans appear to have had enough after the defeat to Man City and a number of fans chanted for him to be sacked. It’ll be no surprise if Kean’s not at Blackburn at the end of the season.
- Arsenal are really struggling defensively. While they have a fine keeper in Szczesny the defence in front of him has let him down. Per Mertesacker has looked more like Peter Crouch in defence rather than a German international defender. There is still no leadership at the back and Wenger’s decision to play Alex Song at the back seemed more as if he lacked faith in the other defenders. They will not be able to challenge for the title or any other trophy until they sort out their problems at the back.
- Owen Coyle has got to stop the rot very soon at Bolton. After the 1-5 defeat to Chelsea they have now conceded 21 goals in 7 games. The international break couldn’t have come soon enough. The next game away to Wigan is already looking like a relegation decider. It looks like it’s going to be a long season at the Reebok stadium.
- The referee during the Merseyside derby, Mr Atkinson, certainly didn’t do the reputations of match officials any good. Sending off Jack Rodwell for a sliding tackle that David Moyes latter said he would have been disappointed to get a foul for yet alone a red-card. The sending-off looked an even stranger decision considering Tim Cahill and Tony Hibbert did much worse tackles. Such inconsistent decisions are the things that make players, fans and managers angry and lead them to criticise referees which such venom.
- Lastly, I truly believe some people just do not suit sleeve tattoos. Like a prep-boy trying to be a rap star it just looks wrong and a waste of money. Although I reckon it looks good on Beckham and Tim Cahill, sadly we can’t all be as blessed as him. Prime examples: Wayne Bridge, Craig Bellamy, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Daniel Agger.
“Don’t like my tattoos? Sod off!!”